Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
At Arbour Realty, we take our environmental commitment seriously. Our commitment targets both the services we deliver to our real estate clients as well as the way we operate our business. We believe in being transparent about our environmentally-friendly business practices so you know that we are “walking our talk” and not “greenwashing”.
Certified EcoBroker Agents
Our team of certified EcoBrokers have a deeper understanding of home building practices and renovations.
- Our EcoBroker experts can advise you on cost-effective and simple upgrades that can make your current home more attractive and marketable to buyers.
- Our EcoBroker agents have expertise in green financing tools that can actually pay for energy upgrades, saving you money and increasing the value of your home.
- Proper insulation. Energy Star appliances. Energy efficient heating and cooling systems. Double-paned, low-e windows. These and other green home investments and renovations can improve your comfort level in your new home and reduce your energy bills. Our Eco-Broker agents can help you identify the right energy efficient strategies for you, helping you save money and the environment.
Environmentally Friendly Business Practices
Arbour Realty is committed to finding ways to lead through example. Below are some of our ways we operate as an environmentally responsible business.
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint. We are an EPA Green Power Partner because we offset 100% of the energy usage in our office through the purchase of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), which support green power through wind farms. We have also teamed up with Arbor Day Foundation to plant a forest of trees in National Parks that have been damaged by wildfires. We donate one tree for every client whose home we help to sell or purchase.
- Creating a Green Office. The Arbour Realty office is located in the heart of Arlington within 3 blocks of Ballston Metro Station. We even have bicycle parking. When we moved-in, we reused all the existing furnishings so no waste was created. The flooring is EcoTimber, which is certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC). The appliances and business equipment are Energy Star rated. The island countertop is made of recycled glass bottles. The paint is free from volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Even the office furniture is green and free of toxins. The green initiatives in our office helped achieve a GOLD rating through Green Living Consulting’s business certification program.
- Reducing Waste – Paperless Contracts. We make the process of writing, signing and sending a contract completely electronic. No paper. Less driving. More legible. From a practical standpoint, we find that it works very well for clients that are constantly on the go.
- Saving trees. All of our business cards, letterhead and envelopes are made of 100% recycled paper and printed with soy ink. Our For Sale signs are made from recycled aluminum. They are environmentally friendly and add a nice look to the front of your home.
- Daily Green Operations. We aim to be green everyday: we store all of our documents online; use e-fax instead of a paper fax system; purchase green office supplies and paper products; recycle all of our plastic, glass, cans, paper, cardboard and properly dispose of an electronic waste; we set our computers to go into sleep mode when not in use for more than 15 minutes and power all equipment down every night; we purchased a hand dryer for our bathroom to reduce paper waste; and, we use green cleaning products in the office.
Through our monthly e-newsletter and blog postings, we offer green tips for current and future homeowners. Our tips include green practices, products, and programs that reduce our environmental impact, save money, and help to leverage the sale of your current home or purchasing a new home.
- Sign up for our monthly electronic newsletter
- Check out the Arbour Realty blog and our facebook page.
Partnering with Green Experts
While we continue to educate ourselves on green practices and products, we are in the business of helping people buy and sell homes. To help us spread eco-awareness and provide additional benefits to our clients, we partner with local green businesses with expertise in helping people create sustainable, healthy lifestyles and maximizing the energy efficiency and indoor air quality of their home.
- Eco Home Assessment. Through a partnership with Green Living Consulting, our clients are eligible to receive an Eco Home Assessment (EHA). The EHA educates individuals who want to live healthier, greener lifestyles by providing them with simple, practical and actionable solutions. You will learn how to improve your home environment by applying eco-friendly practices that help reduce indoor pollution, conserve energy and water, promote reuse and recycling, and other green living choices that are good for you and your community.
- Home Energy Audits. If you are ready to gain a deeper understanding about the performance of your home, talk to us about doing a home energy audit. We can match you up with a home energy auditor that will perform a full diagnostic before teaching you how to maximize energy efficiency, comfort and improve air quality in your home.