Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
Rosslyn Community Information
Median Home Value
Avg Cost/Sq Ft
Sale-To-List Price Ratio
- Public Transportation: Rosslyn Metro
- Walk Score: 80
- Grocery Store(s): Safeway
- Local High School: Washington Lee
Rosslyn and Ballston form the bookends of prime real estate in Arlington County. Rosslyn is the first stop on both the Orange and Blue Metro Rail lines as you enter Virginia from DC, and its skyline is defined by high rise buildings each possessing breathtaking views of the monuments of Washington, DC. Rosslyn stands on the Potomac River separating the District from Virginia, and its nightlife offers a variety of restaurants, boutiques, and recreational options to suit any taste.
By day, Rosslyn serves as the business center of Arlington County as it houses numerous Federal and corporate entities. Dark suits define the sidewalks of Rosslyn as executives check their Blackberries in route their next power lunch. The convergence of the Blue and Orange Metro lines makes Rosslyn a popular meeting place for after-dinner drinks or a jog along the Potomac. The US Marine Corps War Memorial provides dramatic views of the monuments at night and serves as one of the best places in the area to watch the Fourth of July fireworks on the DC Mall.
High demand for housing in the Rosslyn has resulted in four major projects that changing the face of real estate in the neighborhood. The Waterview, a 30 floor glass tower, was completed in 2008. The first 13 floors belong to the Hotel Palamar, while the remaining are dedicated to the Waterview condominium owners. Its breathtaking views of the Potomac river, Georgetown and the major DC monuments can’t be replicated, and this luxury is reflected in the Waterview’s price per square foot.
The addition of Turnberry Towers to the Rosslyn portfolio brings extravagant luxury to this urban village. In addition to spacious floor plans and grandiose terraces, Turnberry provides a level of service unparalleled in the real estate market of Northern Virginia. Condo employees will park your car, open the door for you, help with your groceries, procure your tickets to the Kennedy Center, and even press the button on the elevator that takes you directly to your home. If Rosslyn real estate is within your sights and you have a budget for luxury, you won’t be disappointed by Turnberry Tower.
Two more towers on the horizon for Rosslyn will comprise the Central Place development. These towers, standing 76 feet taller than any other property in the neighborhood, will define the Rosslyn skyline for decades to come. Central Place is slated to include an observation deck that is projected to draw 450,000 visitors a year with its gorgeous vistas.
A recent Washington Post article said that business owners have begun marketing Rosslyn real estate as “Manhattan on the Potomac.” If you are looking for the next hot wave in real estate, Rosslyn may be worth giving a close look. Let us know if you’d like either a list of any open houses in the Rosslyn area or more information on the exciting, new developments in the neighborhood.
Arbour Realty’s 6 Favorite Condos in Rosslyn
- Gaslight Square – The newest luxury condo on the Arlington scene. Featuring the highest level of craftsmanship, finishes and character that you will find in an Arlington condo.
- Turnberry Towers – A crowning glory of Arlington, Turnberry Towers offers the most discerning homeowner the luxury experience they have been seeking. Learn more about Turnberry Towers.
- The Waterview – Sharing the most sought after location in Arlington with Hotel Palomar, The Waterview boasts the best view in the entire DC area. Learn more about The Waterview.
- Atrium Condominiums – For over 23 years, the Atrium Condominiums have been a luxurious staple in the high-end condominium scene. Learn more about Atrium Condominiums.
- The Belvedere – With expansive views of the Potomac, historical monuments and DC beyond, Belvedere has an incredible design and unparalleled service that is proven by their award winning standards of excellence. Learn more about The Belvedere.
- Wooster & Mercer Lofts – Abdo Development’s Wooster and Mercer Lofts invoke an urban strength through brilliant design in a truly NYC Soho Village loft inspired loft community. Learn more about Wooster and Mercer Lofts.
Arbour Realty’s 5 to Try: Rosslyn
- Teddy Roosevelt Island – This memorial to America’s 26th President provides Arlington residents serenity amongst the chaos of everyday life. Over two miles of wooded trails allow you to leave the stress of the office behind and forget for a moment all of the hustle and bustle of living in a vibrant city.
- Café Asia – This pan-Asian restaurant has become one of the most popular restaurants in Arlington County. Whether taking advantage of their Happy Hour specials or enjoying a romantic dinner for two, its patio dining is the place to be during the beautiful Arlington spring.
- US Marine Corps War Memorial – This monument to the honored Marine Corps fallen stands as one of the most identifiable monuments in the DC Metro Area. Visit it at night for a more poignant experience, and enjoy excellent views of the DC Mall at the same time.
- Netherlands Carillion – Located adjacent to the Marine Corps Memorial, enjoy afternoon and evening concerts from May to September. Also, visit in spring to picnic among the thousands of tulips in full bloom.
- Arlington Cemetery – Observe the precision of the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or pay your respects at one of the 100 graveside services held every week.
Be part of the team within the Ballston community that creates a constellation of fifty light- and sound-emitting “cloudlets” that will fill the central space of Welburn Square. The project will commence with a workshop where 50 groups of between 2-4 people will build and create their own cloudlets, which will have its own individual way of communicating with the other cloudlets. If...Click Here To Read More...
Are you looking to rent in the Arlington VA, Northern Virginia or the DC Metropolitan area? If so, there is a great new website you should check out. Livelovely.com takes all the hard work out of searching for a rental home by providing multiple listings all in one place. It lets you search your neighborhood of choice, providing monthly rental rates, property...Click Here To Read More...
Shirlington Village certainly has a vast array of restaurants, all confined together in a cute and walkable area, with direct public transportation to the Pentagon Metro station and Metrobus service to Alexandria VA and other Arlington VA locations. This makes Shirlington Village a perfect pick for St Patrick’s Day 2014. Many Shirlington restaurants are offering St Patrick’s Day menus and entertainment, giving you the...Click Here To Read More...
Will Montague / Foter / CC BY-NCYou don’t need to be down in New Orleans to get into the mood of Mardi Gras., in fact you don't need to go far from home, just come to Courthouse Arlington to celebrate Mardi Gras 2014. On Tuesday, March 4th enjoy the Clarendon-Courthouse Mardi Gras Parade. The parade will start at 8:00 p.m. at N. Barton Street...Click Here To Read More...
When we were kids our parents taught us the basics of what to do when out biking or walking. We know that we should look both ways before crossing the road, and to wait for the pedestrian light to turn green before crossing and to signal using our arms when turning left and right on a bike. These are the...Click Here To Read More...