Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
Fairfax County Community Information
Median Home Value
Avg Cost/Sq Ft
Sale-To-List Price Ratio
- Public Transportation: Metrorail, Metrobus
- Walk Score: 37
- Grocery Store(s): Wegmans, Giant, Safeway
- Local High School: FCPS
Fairfax County is where the suburbs of Northern Virginia meet the DC Metro region. Fairfax is a diverse county with cities and neighborhoods to satisfy almost every taste. Cities within Fairfax County include:
- Alexandria Community Profile
- Annandale Community Profile
- Burke Community Profile
- Centreville Community Profile
- Chantilly Community Profile
- Clifton Community Profile
- Fairfax Community Profile
- Fairfax Station Community Profile
- Falls Church Community Profile
- Great Falls Community Profile
- Herndon Community Profile
- Oakton Community Profile
- Reston Community Profile
- Springfield Community Profile
- McLean Community Profile
- Vienna Community Profile
If you enjoy the outdoors, Fairfax has plenty of trails that allow you to run, walk or bike your way either into the city or out to the country. Parks throughout Fairfax offer golf, sports, playgrounds, camping and even cricket. Nothing brings Fairfax to life like a beautiful day as the streets and parks are teeming with residents enjoying every outdoor activity imaginable.
If shopping’s more your speed, Fairfax County houses Tysons Corner and The Galleria – the retail centers of Northern Virginia. The Reston Town Center offers a fun outdoor shopping and dining experience in addition to the free outdoor concerts it hosts throughout the spring, summer and fall. Fair Oaks and Springfield malls are also popular among local residents.
Fairfax is also home to some of the best farmers markets in the area where you can not only support your local farmers, but also enjoy the freshest produce in town. Visit our farmers market blog to find out where the closest farmers market is to you or your potential new home.
The real estate in Fairfax is as diverse as the people who live there. One of the perks of Fairfax real estate is that you can usually get a little more for your money than you would in Arlington – a big plus for many first time homebuyers. Fairfax has condominiums, townhouses and single family houses of every size. Contemporary, classic and green home options are all available to meet your preference.
Fairfax is no stranger to rush hour traffic, so it can be wise to choose a location that minimizes your work week commute. Some homebuyers do take advantage of commuter options such as Metrorail which offers several stations in the area. Future plans to extend Metrorail from the East Falls Church station through Tysons Corner, Reston, and ultimately Dulles Airport will only add to both the convenience and value of real estate in Fairfax County.
Let us introduce you to the “town center” concept of urban design prevalent throughout Fairfax County. With a diverse of selection of new properties hitting the market daily, we’ll be more than happy to help you find a place that suits your lifestyle.
Arbour Realty’s Five to Try: Fairfax
- Burke Lake Park – An afternoon with friends and family at Burke Lake Park includes everything from boating to beach volleyball to a ride on their carousel.
- Reston Town Center Ice Rink – Show off your skills (or your lack thereof) with the outdoor ice skating at Reston Town Center.
- L’Auberge Chez Francois – Impress your date by taking her to one of the most famous French restaurants in the DC area where every customer is treated like a neighbor.
- Great Falls Park – Put on your hiking shoes on for a fun filled day at Great Falls Park where bird watching, climbing, and horseback riding are among the activities available to visitors.
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center – This annex to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum offers a history of aviation unparalleled at any museum in the world. Enjoy up close looks at the fastest jet in the world, the Lookheed SR-71 Blackbird, or the space shuttle, Enterprise.
Foter / CC BY-SAIf you enjoy fishing but don’t want to stray far from home you may want to consider Lake Fairfax Park in Reston. The 20-acre lake at Lake Fairfax Park is stocked with trout and ready for the spring 2014 season. During the trout spring and fall season, daily passes can be purchased for $15, a spring pass for...Click Here To Read More...
It was just announced that the conforming loans ($417K and $625.5K for high balance) will remain the same in 2014 as they were in 2013. No surprise, but still good to hear. New jumbo and second trust products continue to come on the market, so (at least in the near term) more, not less, mortgage products are available now and...Click Here To Read More...
seyed mostafa zamani / Foter / CC BYA sign of fall is the changing leaf colors, the vibrant red, orange and yellows seen throughout the metropolitan area, which shortly thereafter turn to brown and fall from the trees. This season is once again on top of us, signaling the time to round up the leafs in preparation of the start of the 2013...Click Here To Read More...
Thursday, September 5th, The Northern Virginia Association of Realtors (NVAR) hosted its seventeenth Annual Economic Summit, or Eco-Summit as they call it; this title really seems like it is going to have something to do with the environment because of the "eco" term, but no. It is about the economy- mostly regionally but a bit about the National situation as...Click Here To Read More...
ecstaticist / Foter / CC BY-NC-SAExpect delays on Leesburg Pike in and around Tysons starting the week of August 19th into September 2013, this is as a result of construction work on the planned silver-line metro project. Dulles Metrorail Project crews will start working each night to complete the paving and restoration of the east and west bound lanes ....Click Here To Read More...