Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
Clarendon Community Information
Median Home Value
Avg Cost/Sq Ft
Sale-To-List Price Ratio
- Public Transportation: Clarendon Metro
- Walk Score: 89
- Grocery Store(s): Whole Foods, Trader Joe's
- Local High School: Washington-Lee
The rapid pulse of Clarendon can be felt every day of the week as it serves as the social center of Arlington County. A stroll through this neighborhood reveals people enjoying coffee at Java Shack, replenishing their chi at Whole Foods, having a pizza at Faccia Luna, or practicing the downward dog at Lululemon. Located between Ballston and Courthouse, Clarendon has something for everyone. For Clarendon residents, the Clarendon Metrorail, Whole Foods, their favorite gym, excellent local restaurants and plenty of night life sit just outside their front door. The bad news is that Clarendon real estate is always in high demand and usually in low supply. Homes in Clarendon usually have the highest average cost per square foot of anywhere in Northern Virginia.
If you’d like a list of upcoming open houses in the Clarendon area, just let us know. Or, if you’d prefer to explore this vibrant neighborhood on your own, just take the Orange line Metrorail to Clarendon station.
Arbour Realty’s Five Favorite Condos in Clarendon
- Station Square — A newer condo built right above the action of Clarendon. Certain floors provide a loft style option with exposed duct work and higher ceilings. Station Square boasts one of the highest WalkScores in Arlington. More about Station Square Condominiums.
- Clarendon 1021— One of the most popular condos in Arlington, residents live only steps to Clarendon metro station. You have some of the lowest condo fees in town without skimping on the rooftop pool, 24×7 front desk person and fitness center. The standard finishes include hardwood floors, granite counters and stainless steel appliances. More about Clarendon 1021 Condominiums.
- The Hartford — This is one of the smaller condos in Clarendon, tucked away so that if you weren’t looking for it, you probably wouldn’t find them. Yet once you do it is an easy building to fall in love with. In my experience this is one of the friendliest group of neighbors in town. More about The Hartford.
- The Phoenix — Located behind the Post Office, you couldn’t be closer to the fun filled nightlife of Clarendon. Building amenities include a front desk person, screening room, rooftop pool, state of the art fitness center and party room. More about The Phoenix.
- Clarendon 3131— A boutique building with sixteen premier condos and townhomes. The finishes are of a quality level typically only seen in single family homes. The floor plans are generous on space and natural light. More about Clarendon 3131.
Arbour Realty’s Five to Try: Clarendon
- Throw a frisbee on a crisp fall afternoon at Clarendon Park.
- Catch the area’s best live bands at Iota Club & Café where you can hear live music seven nights a week.
- Meet your fellow canine lovers at the Clarendon Dog Park situated between 13th, Herndon, and Hartford Streets.
- Take part in Arlington’s biggest street party on Clarendon Day every September.
- After getting a tune-up at Revolution Cycles, hit the bike trails and enjoy the 113 miles of trails in Arlington County.
Be part of the team within the Ballston community that creates a constellation of fifty light- and sound-emitting “cloudlets” that will fill the central space of Welburn Square. The project will commence with a workshop where 50 groups of between 2-4 people will build and create their own cloudlets, which will have its own individual way of communicating with the other cloudlets. If...Click Here To Read More...
Are you looking to rent in the Arlington VA, Northern Virginia or the DC Metropolitan area? If so, there is a great new website you should check out. Livelovely.com takes all the hard work out of searching for a rental home by providing multiple listings all in one place. It lets you search your neighborhood of choice, providing monthly rental rates, property...Click Here To Read More...
Shirlington Village certainly has a vast array of restaurants, all confined together in a cute and walkable area, with direct public transportation to the Pentagon Metro station and Metrobus service to Alexandria VA and other Arlington VA locations. This makes Shirlington Village a perfect pick for St Patrick’s Day 2014. Many Shirlington restaurants are offering St Patrick’s Day menus and entertainment, giving you the...Click Here To Read More...
Will Montague / Foter / CC BY-NCYou don’t need to be down in New Orleans to get into the mood of Mardi Gras., in fact you don't need to go far from home, just come to Courthouse Arlington to celebrate Mardi Gras 2014. On Tuesday, March 4th enjoy the Clarendon-Courthouse Mardi Gras Parade. The parade will start at 8:00 p.m. at N. Barton Street...Click Here To Read More...
When we were kids our parents taught us the basics of what to do when out biking or walking. We know that we should look both ways before crossing the road, and to wait for the pedestrian light to turn green before crossing and to signal using our arms when turning left and right on a bike. These are the...Click Here To Read More...