Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
Ballston Community Information
Median Home Value
Avg Cost/Sq Ft
Sale-To-List Price Ratio
- Public Transportation: Ballston Metro
- Walk Score: 91
- Grocery Store(s): Harris Teeter
- Local High School: Washington-Lee
The Ballston-Rosslyn corridor is the pedestrian friendly collection of communities that follow the Orange Line Metrorail through the heart of North Arlington. The highrises of Ballston, the neighborhood’s most noticeable feature, make it a fitting bookend to the Ballston-Rosslyn corridor. Ballston includes a variety of businesses, shops, restaurants, nightlife and arts to suit every personality and lifestyle. Ballston is also home to the DC area’s most innovative real estate firm, Arbour Realty.
Real estate in Ballston reflects a lifestyle centered on convenience. A Harris Teeter supermarket and the Ballston Common Mall cover many of your shopping needs, and a growing list of dining options are available to suit any culinary desires. In addition, close proximity to both the Ballston and Virginia Square metro stations provides easy access to other parts of the city. Many residents have discovered that the convenience of Ballston eliminates their need to own a vehicle.
Ballston has an assortment of luxury to moderately priced condos including The Continental, Ballston 880, Virginia Square, The Monroe, Lexington Square and Alta Vista in addition to the recently constructed Hawthorne and Residences at Liberty Center. Ballston also has a number of classic “Arlington style” townhouses that project an image of brick exteriors, hardwood floors, modest patios, and tree-lined sidewalks. Single family homes are scarce in this area, and those that do exist are found on the outer edges of Ballston.
If you’d like a list of upcoming open houses in the Ballston area, send us a request at the bottom of this page. Or, if you’d prefer to explore this vibrant neighborhood on your own, just take the Orange line Metrorail to the either the Virginia Square or Ballston metro stations. Ballston is also easily accessible by car by taking the Fairfax Drive exit off of I-66. If you already live in Arlington, the ART bus is a fun and eco-friendly option to explore the neighborhood.
Arbour Realty’s 5 Favorite Condos in Ballston and Virginia Square:
- The Residences at Liberty Center is the newest condominium building in Ballston and features the best view of DC. With slim-to-no chance of future development obstructing the view of the DC facing condominium units at Liberty Center, these gems are in high demand. The pool and rooftop terrace are perfect for enjoying the warmer months of the year. The state of the art fitness facility is just what you need to look your best all year round. Though the standard finishes are impressive, the penthouse units at Liberty Center take luxury living to another level. Arbour Realty has a number of clients that enjoy their homes at Liberty Center and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about this premier condominium. More about The Residences at Liberty Center.
- Hawthorn condominium was built in 2006. This mid-size condominium has a boutique feel to it. The size of Hawthorn provides the best of both worlds. You don’t have hundreds of neighbors to share elevators and amenities with. Yet it is big enough where they opted to construct the building using cement and steel. Cement and steel construction typically provides more sound insulation between the units, is more sturdy and is often safer in the event of a fire. Though there is a fitness facility within the building, it is conveniently located next door to Golds Gym where many residents opt to workout and socialize. The developer of Hawthorn offered several different finish options. You will find units with black or stainless steel appliances; hardwood or carpet; granite or laminate counters. Some have balconies. Located on the corner of Wilson and Pollard, residents have the option of walking a few blocks to Ballston or Virginia Square metro stations. There are some great choices available at Hawthorn and we are happy to help find the right one for you. More about The Hawthorn.
- The Continental is a high-rise condominium located where Wilson and Fairfax meet Glebe. The Continental was constructed in 2003 and remains one of the most popular buildings in town. It maintains a very contemporary feel inside and out. Our clients living at The Continental tell us that it is very well managed and taken care of. The floor plans are modest, but use space well. The condominium units hold their value very well at The Continental, but we have been able to find some excellent bargains from time to time. Let us know if you would like us to keep our eye out for you. More about The Continental.
- The Berkeley is a great place to live if you can find anything available. People who buy at The Berkeley condominium tend to stay there for a while and the availability is usually limited. Homeowners at The Berkeley like that the easy access to Ballston Metro Station and the restaurants next door. Many of the condominium units have floor-to-ceiling windows, which contribute to a light filled, airy interior. Built in 2004 the building has not lost touch with any of the modern finishes. You are likely to find hardwood floors, granite counters and stainless steel appliances. We can set up an alert to let you know the next time a unit becomes available at The Berkeley. More info about The Berkeley Ballston.
- Virginia Square Condominiums are literally steps away from Virginia Square metro and Starbucks, which makes for an easy morning. Another benefit of its location is the unobstructed northwest view. The sunsets are gorgeous and it’s kind of fun being able to watch the going-ons at Quincy Park. This high-rise was constructed in 1998. The building has withstood the test of time, but some of the units are a little dated. The floor plans are spacious and if you don’t mind doing a little bit of updating yourself, this may be the perfect situation for you. More about Virginia Square Condominiums.
Arbour Realty’s 5 to Try: Ballston
- Check out a Washington Capitals practice or do a little skating of your own at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex located on the seventh floor of the Ballston mall.
- Take advantage of those beautiful spring and fall afternoons that Arlington is famous for by enjoying happy hour on the outdoor patios of Rio Grande, A-Town and Carpool.
- Looking for a little late night indulgence? Dinner isn’t complete without sampling the desserts of Willow’s award winning pastry chef, Kate Jansen. Kate was recognized as the best pastry chef in all of DC, and one bite of her caramel crème brulee or cake of the day tells you why.
- The Arlington Arts Center is constantly rotating its exhibits in order to showcase regional artists of the Mid-Atlantic states . Check out upcoming events on their website.
- Green Turtle, World of Beer, Baileys and Buffalo Wing Factory offer televised sporting events in Ballston and a huge selection of beers. Home to a number of university alumni associations, these restaurants have carved out a reputation as the preeminent places to go for March Madness.
Be part of the team within the Ballston community that creates a constellation of fifty light- and sound-emitting “cloudlets” that will fill the central space of Welburn Square. The project will commence with a workshop where 50 groups of between 2-4 people will build and create their own cloudlets, which will have its own individual way of communicating with the other cloudlets. If...Click Here To Read More...
Are you looking to rent in the Arlington VA, Northern Virginia or the DC Metropolitan area? If so, there is a great new website you should check out. Livelovely.com takes all the hard work out of searching for a rental home by providing multiple listings all in one place. It lets you search your neighborhood of choice, providing monthly rental rates, property...Click Here To Read More...
Shirlington Village certainly has a vast array of restaurants, all confined together in a cute and walkable area, with direct public transportation to the Pentagon Metro station and Metrobus service to Alexandria VA and other Arlington VA locations. This makes Shirlington Village a perfect pick for St Patrick’s Day 2014. Many Shirlington restaurants are offering St Patrick’s Day menus and entertainment, giving you the...Click Here To Read More...
Will Montague / Foter / CC BY-NCYou don’t need to be down in New Orleans to get into the mood of Mardi Gras., in fact you don't need to go far from home, just come to Courthouse Arlington to celebrate Mardi Gras 2014. On Tuesday, March 4th enjoy the Clarendon-Courthouse Mardi Gras Parade. The parade will start at 8:00 p.m. at N. Barton Street...Click Here To Read More...
When we were kids our parents taught us the basics of what to do when out biking or walking. We know that we should look both ways before crossing the road, and to wait for the pedestrian light to turn green before crossing and to signal using our arms when turning left and right on a bike. These are the...Click Here To Read More...