Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
Arlington Community Information
Median Home Value
Avg Cost/Sq Ft
Sale-To-List Price Ratio
- Public Transportation: Bus & Rail
- Walk Score: 88
- Grocery Store(s): Harris Teeter, Trader Joe's & Whole Foods
- Local High School: W&L, Yorktown, Wakefield
Located across the Potomac River from Washington DC, Arlington is one of the smallest counties in the country spanning a mere 26 square miles. However, Arlington has more private office space than downtown Boston, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Denver. When you consider it also contains one of the region’s most vibrant residential real estate markets and serves as a leader in incorporating smart growth principles into its urban planning, it easy to see how this small county has become the cornerstone of Northern Virginia. Arlington’s 2010 tax base is divided between 43% commercial and 57% residential properties, enabling the County to maintain one of the most competitive property tax rates in the region.
Arlington has become a model for other cities around the world on how urban planning can limit our dependency on automobiles. The Urban Villages of Arlington were designed around the Metrorail stations in an effort to minimize traffic congestion. Each of these neighborhoods is almost 100 percent self-sufficient with its own grocery stores, shopping areas, restaurants and entertainment. Metrorail and the bus systems provide quick and easy access to not only Arlington, but also the entire DC Metro Area. The convenience of living in Arlington is one of its most attractive characteristics to many of its residents.
Find homes for sale in Arlington located near the various metro stops along the Orange Line:
Arlington is well-known for its diverse selection of homes. Whether you prefer a classic brick bungalow or a more contemporary artisan style craftsman home, Arlington is sure to have something to accommodate your taste. From the first time home-buyer looking for a one bedroom condo in Ballston to the executive exploring the trophy houses around Washington Golf & Country Club, the real estate in Arlington is as diverse as its residents with something to suit everybody.
Over the past ten years, Arlington real estate has taken on a darker shade of green as consumers discover all the benefits that living in a eco-friendly home can provide. The Arlington Green Home Choice program awards a designation to homes that meet standards for energy efficiency, indoor health and environmentally responsible building. As demand grows, we are seeing evidence that these homes hold their value better and sell faster than standard code-built homes.
Arbour Realty’s 5 Favorite Condos in Arlington
- Wooster & Mercer Lofts — Nothing in the area is as unique or well-built. It is the place where luxury meets urban lofts. More about Wooster & Mercer Lofts.
- The Odyssey – The standout design of this award winning design shouldn’t overshadow its top notch amenities and rooftop terrace. More about The Odyssey.
- The Westlee– The roomy spaces incorporate a number of green features such as tankless water heaters in addition to their modern floor plans and finishes. More about The Westlee.
- The Residences at Liberty Center – The excellent location of Liberty Center provides brilliant views of DC. The builder showed an incredible attention to detail during construction. More about The Residences at Liberty Center.
- Turnberry Towers – Unique features includes an elevator that goes straight to your home and spacious terraces. The service has proven to be unmatched and this is the first condo in Arlington to earn LEED certification. Learn more about Turnberry Towers.
Recent Awards, Rankings and Accolades for Arlington County
- No. 2: “America’s Best Cities”
- No. 4: “Least Stressed County in the U.S.”
- Smart 21: Intelligent Community Forum
- Triple-AAA: Moody’s, Fitch, Standard & Poors
- No. 3: “Highest Average Compensation per Job”
- No. 1: “Lowest Regional Unemployment Rate”
- No. 3: “2011 Digital Counties Survey”
- No. 1: Metro Area Office Construction
Here are RSS listing feeds for the most current listings in Arlington
Be part of the team within the Ballston community that creates a constellation of fifty light- and sound-emitting “cloudlets” that will fill the central space of Welburn Square. The project will commence with a workshop where 50 groups of between 2-4 people will build and create their own cloudlets, which will have its own individual way of communicating with the other cloudlets. If...Click Here To Read More...
Are you looking to rent in the Arlington VA, Northern Virginia or the DC Metropolitan area? If so, there is a great new website you should check out. Livelovely.com takes all the hard work out of searching for a rental home by providing multiple listings all in one place. It lets you search your neighborhood of choice, providing monthly rental rates, property...Click Here To Read More...
Shirlington Village certainly has a vast array of restaurants, all confined together in a cute and walkable area, with direct public transportation to the Pentagon Metro station and Metrobus service to Alexandria VA and other Arlington VA locations. This makes Shirlington Village a perfect pick for St Patrick’s Day 2014. Many Shirlington restaurants are offering St Patrick’s Day menus and entertainment, giving you the...Click Here To Read More...
Will Montague / Foter / CC BY-NCYou don’t need to be down in New Orleans to get into the mood of Mardi Gras., in fact you don't need to go far from home, just come to Courthouse Arlington to celebrate Mardi Gras 2014. On Tuesday, March 4th enjoy the Clarendon-Courthouse Mardi Gras Parade. The parade will start at 8:00 p.m. at N. Barton Street...Click Here To Read More...
When we were kids our parents taught us the basics of what to do when out biking or walking. We know that we should look both ways before crossing the road, and to wait for the pedestrian light to turn green before crossing and to signal using our arms when turning left and right on a bike. These are the...Click Here To Read More...