Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
Arlington Community Information
Median Home Value
Avg Cost/Sq Ft
Sale-To-List Price Ratio
- Public Transportation: Bus & Rail
- Walk Score: 88
- Grocery Store(s): Harris Teeter, Trader Joe's & Whole Foods
- Local High School: W&L, Yorktown, Wakefield
Located across the Potomac River from Washington DC, Arlington is one of the smallest counties in the country spanning a mere 26 square miles. However, Arlington has more private office space than downtown Boston, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Denver. When you consider it also contains one of the region’s most vibrant residential real estate markets, serves as a leader in incorporating “green” principles into its urban planning, and annually ranks as one of the top 100 public school systems in the nation, it easy to see how this small county has become the cornerstone of Northern Virginia. Arlington’s 2010 tax base is divided between 43% commercial and 57% residential properties, enabling the County to maintain one of the most competitive property tax rates in the region.
Arlington has become a model for other cities around the world on how urban planning can limit our dependency on automobiles. The Urban Villages of Arlington were designed around the Metrorail stations in an effort to minimize traffic congestion. Each of these neighborhoods is almost 100 percent self-sufficient with its own grocery stores, shopping areas, restaurants and entertainment. Metrorail and the bus systems provide quick and easy access to not only Arlington, but also the entire DC Metro Area. The convenience of living in Arlington is one of its most attractive characteristics to many of its residents.
Find homes for sale in Arlington located near the various metro stops along the Orange Line:
Arlington is well-known for its diverse selection of homes. Whether you prefer a classic brick bungalow or a more contemporary artisan style craftsman home, Arlington is sure to have something to accommodate your taste. From the first time home-buyer looking for a one bedroom condo in Ballston to the executive exploring the trophy houses around Washington Golf & Country Club, the real estate in Arlington is as diverse as its residents with something to suit everybody.
Over the past ten years, Arlington real estate has taken on a darker shade of green as consumers discover all the benefits that living in a eco-friendly home can provide. The Arlington Green Home Choice program awards a designation to homes that meet standards for energy efficiency, indoor health and environmentally responsible building. As demand grows, we are seeing evidence that these homes hold their value better and sell faster than standard code-built homes.
Arbour Realty’s 5 Favorite Condos in Arlington
- Wooster & Mercer Lofts — Nothing in the area is as unique or well-built. It is the place where luxury meets urban lofts. More about Wooster & Mercer Lofts.
- The Odyssey – The standout design of this award winning design shouldn’t overshadow its top notch amenities and rooftop terrace. More about The Odyssey.
- The Westlee – The roomy spaces incorporate a number of green features such as tankless water heaters in addition to their modern floor plans and finishes. More about The Westlee.
- The Residences at Liberty Center – The excellent location of Liberty Center provides brilliant views of DC. The builder showed an incredible attention to detail during construction. More about The Residences at Liberty Center.
- Turnberry Towers – Unique features includes an elevator that goes straight to your home and spacious terraces. The service has proven to be unmatched and this is the first condo in Arlington to earn LEED certification. Learn more about Turnberry Towers.
Recent Awards, Rankings and Accolades for Arlington County
- No. 2: “America’s Best Cities”
- No. 4: “Least Stressed County in the U.S.”
- Smart 21: Intelligent Community Forum
- Triple-AAA: Moody’s, Fitch, Standard & Poors
- No. 3: “Highest Average Compensation per Job”
- No. 1: “Lowest Regional Unemployment Rate”
- No. 3: “2011 Digital Counties Survey”
- No. 1: Metro Area Office Construction
Here are RSS listing feeds for the most current listings in Arlington
Here we go again, great summer events right in your backyard for those living in Arlington VA. What fun to have free outdoor concerts, which give you the opportunity to enjoy local bands, hangout with other Arlingtonians, enjoy the outdoors and break up the long work-week. The Pentagon Row concert series kicks off on June 6th 2013 with a...Click Here To Read More...
In my opinion the perfect way to spend the evenings in Arlington VA during the summer is attending one of the many different outdoor events. There are plenty to choose from whether it be open air movies, plays or concerts, you will never find yourself bored and always spoiled for choice. A new venue to add to your list this summer is the...Click Here To Read More...
Living in a condominium is very different from living in a single family home. For a majority of people living in Northern Virginia and the metropolitan area condo living is a way of life. Property prices are high, and for most people buying a single family home in Northern Virginia, especially in areas close to DC like Arlington VA and Alexandria...Click Here To Read More...
There is a lot of movement this year from my 2011 and 2012 rankings. I'm taking some off and adding others. I'm even including a condo in Vienna this time. What?!? I know, it seems weird to me too, but they are selling like crazy. Disclaimer: the following ranking is purely subjective, based on what I am seeing out there as...Click Here To Read More...
You really will be surprised at the amount of items you have in your home that are not being used but can be recycled, or reused. Every year around this time Arlington County‘s environmental services host the E-Care event. This is your opportunity to recycle items sitting around the home that are no longer used. These items can range from...Click Here To Read More...