Arlington Virginia (VA) Real Estate – Arbour RealtyHome
Helping You Plant Roots in VA, DC & MD
I am fortunate enough to call Courthouse Virginia home. Courthouse is a prime example of a community where business, government, residential and retail combine, to create one of Arlington VA’s most sought after locations. Courthouse is conveniently located on the Orange Line of the Metrorail and is only 2 stops from the District of Columbia, making it an ideal area to live and play with a nice short commute into Washington DC. For me living here makes it easy to live with out the need for a car, basically living a car free diet. With so many entertainment options on your doorstep and great public transport including the Metrobus, Metrorail and the Arlington Art bus system, moving from one Arlington Neighborhood to another is a breeze.
There are plenty of dining options here in the Courthouse neighborhood, so many in fact it maybe a while before you may not need to take advantage of the Arlington transportation system, as the Courthouse restaurants will keep you busy for the foreseeable future. Below is a sample of a few of the Courthouse dining options, but I did want to mention the notorious Washington Post reviewed Ray’s The Steaks Restaurant, which started in Arlington seven years ago and got a good reputation for serving good beef for about half the price of the competition. Ray’s The Steaks moved from it’s original now home to the Obama-approved Ray’s Hell-Burger and is now located in Courthouse VA. If you like steak this restaurant is worth a visit.
Courthouse, Virginia Restaurants
- Sawatdee (Thai)
- Toscana (Italian) a Courthouse VA environmentally friendly restaurant.
- Greenberry Coffee
- Me Jana (Lebanese)
- Delhi Dhaba (Indian)
- Ragtime (American Sports bar)
- Minh’s (Vietnamese)
- Galaxy Hut (extremely vegetarian friendly)
Thinking about buying real estate in Arlington VA. Courthouse is a great place to consider. Courthouse VA is primarily made up of Condos, Apartments, and Townhomes. There are many to choose from, but all perfectly located to allow you to enjoy a car free life style. Below are some favorites of Arbour Realty.
Arbour Realty’s Six Favorite Condos in Courthouse
1. Rhodes Hill Square – This is a brand new development of Townhomes, flats and penthouses with an updated classic feel. More about Rhodes Hill Square.
2. The Odyssey – As seen on the right, this new building possesses a laundry list of amenities sure to make your friends jealous. More about The Odyssey.
3. The Williamsburg – This building has developed a reputation for those seeking a great bargain on a great space. More about The Williamsburg.
4. 1800 Wilson – Completed in 2007, these condos are the perfect fit for someone who wants the convenience of a condo without living in a high rise. A short walk across Wilson Boulevard provides access to some of the best restaurants in the DC Metro Area. More about 1800 Wilson.
5. Vista on Courthouse- Only two blocks to the Metro, this condominium offers great use of space and tons of modern conveniences. More about Vista on Courthouse.
6. The Charleston – Located midway between Courthouse and Clarendon metro stations you get the best of both neighborhoods. More about The Charleston.
If you like the idea of buying local produce, then you are in luck. Every Saturday from 8am-Noon the Courthouse Farmers’ Market, (know as the Arlington Farmers’ Market) has more than 30 producers which regularly come to the market to sell their goods. All producers are local. All Courthouse Farmer’s Market producers meet requirements to ensure that local, quality goods are brought to the Arlington Farmer’s Market. To achieve this, producers need to be located within a 125 mile radius of the market and the goods being sold must have little processing done to them. The market gets busy and Courthouse residents make this a regular Saturday morning ritual, making the Courthouse Community located only a few miles from the District of Columbia feel a like a true small town community. This gives Courthouse residents the best of both worlds, big city living combined with a true small town community atmosphere.
Arlington County strives to continue its green commitment, and Courthouse is a true testimony to green living. With Courthouse being such a walkable neighborhood, Courthouse homeowners and visitors alike are able to reduce their carbon footprint and enjoy a community which really does offer everything. Click here for further information on Courthouse, Virginia located in Arlington County.
Sign up for the Arbour Realty E-Newsletter